A destination wedding requires a lot of careful planning and meticulous implementation.
Whether you are hesitant to choose a destination wedding or you’re already set on hitting the beaches of Oahu, make sure you formulate a checklist and learn how to plan a destination wedding before booking a flight.
Follow these steps below to jump start your planning process:
- Choose your destination. The first step in planning a destination wedding is choosing your ideal location with your partner. You should base your decision on the weather and season, along with being realistic about your expectations. Don’t be afraid though to go for your first choice and make your vision come to life.
- Choose a wedding package or hire a destination wedding service provider in Kolkata who is familiar with the area of your choice. When planning a destination wedding, you’ll want to purchase a wedding package or hire a local planner to save you some trouble. You may even want to purchase and hire both to cover all bases. Do your research and make sure your wedding planner has access to vendors and a good reputation.
- Set a budget. Keep finances in mind by setting a detailed budget for the actual wedding and its associated expenses, along with a budget for travel and non-local vendors. It’s also important to consider the form of currency used at the destination so you can keep track of what everything costs.
- Organize your guest list. Since this is a destination wedding, there’s less pressure to extend invitations to acquaintances, co-workers, or people you’re not close to. Keep your guest list small to moderate since your loved ones and close friends will be the main ones buying airfare for your destination wedding.
- Send out invitations early. Send out wedding invitations far in advance so guests can save money on their airfare. This is important in ensuring that your closest family and friends make it to your wedding.
- Agree on terms with any non-local vendors. Since you may be in a destination you’re not too familiar with, you should bring your own photographer and make-up/hair artist with you. Be sure to negotiate their travel and make sure they’re taken care of so your big day can go smoothly. Arrange for a great wedding photographer through your destination wedding company in Kolkata in advance; remember that their travelling and other expenses have to be borne by you.
- Marriage rituals as per Indian traditions can happen anywhere, however when it comes to registration and legalizing the marriage, make sure the same could be done in the land where the wedding takes place, unless of course the registration happens earlier in India.
- Book a hotel that offers group discounts. Since most guests will be booking their own airfare and paying for their lodging, you should lighten the load by arranging a group discount with a hotel near the ceremony location. This way, guests will be able to save a bit of money and stay in the same hotel. Your guests will feel more comfortable being surrounded by friends, family, and wedding participants in a reserved hotel block.
- Organize shuttle service for day-of wedding. Make sure you provide a way for your guests to get to the ceremony day-of.